Second session is in full swing now and camp is full of energy, connection, and laughter.
Here are some highlights of the past few days:
- The 15 day canoe trip departure – they’ll be paddling all the way up to James Bay!
- Our first 5th period (where evening activity is an extra activity period with creative things like synchronized swimming and paddle board yoga)
- Juniors coming back from their overnight trips with smiles on their faces and marshmallows in their hair
- A huge camp wide game of Capture the Fire, where instead of hiding a flag the teams build a fire and have to sneak into the other side’s territory to dump their water bottles on their fire to put it out
- A camper staff doubles tennis tournament
- Homemade ice cream sandwiches for dessert making the whole dining hall erupt in cheer
- Tons of hot chocolate being served after morning swim classes (the August weather is here in full force – cold nights and hot sunny days)
Today we’re having all campers fill out camp satisfaction surveys so we can know how to make the rest of the session as positive as possible for everyone here.
We are so excited for the next week and crossing our fingers that our 2 weekers extend to stay for longer!